Policing Personal Statement Example

I have always been fascinated by the way police deal with stressful and demanding situations and find that when I always see them in the street in their uniform I want to be looked upon as an integral part of a community. For some time now I have considered the prospects of university and what it will be like to learn in such a compelling environment.

I think that the policing course will provide me with all the essential knowledge to become an outstanding police officer therefore, I am looking forward to all of the topics covered but most of all the practical work, because I will be able to show what I can do best, although the 'operational policing' topic seems very interesting.

As you will notice on my UCAS form I took sociology and there is a reason for this and that is because of the crime and policing topic which I am doing this year, despite all of the other topics that were interesting this is by far the most motivating topic in attracting me to your course. I think that crime and policing is fascinating topic and I will enjoy the course to my full potential.

I think it might be good to mention that I have had to rely on the police in the past and found that they dealt with my situation effectively, and prepared me to finally make the decision to become a police officer. There is little I have done that relates to the course because of the age restrictions that I have later mentioned, but that does not make me less enthusiastic about the topic in fact it makes me want to do it more because of the fact I want to learn much more about the subject.

To learn a little more I am currently reading a book called 'Policing a diverse society' by a man called Phil Clements. At the moment the book Is very appealing and was made for foundation degree students and is a perfect asset to my application.

In year 10 I applied for my work experience with my local police station unfortunately I wasn't old enough, therefore I went on a placement where I could get a good understanding of helping people and get a real feel of a working environment, similar to that of working with the police. I have been awarded a CSLA (community sports leader award), in which we had to teach and look after year 2's to year 6's and part of this was 10 hours of community work with a local primary school teaching kids basketball. From the community work with the CSLA I have gained a greater understanding of helping in a community, a prospect which I am greatly looking forward to in the police force.

When I'm not in school and in my free time I like to enjoy a good game of badminton, or if that's not available I will either go to the gym or go for a swim to keep fit. I have been fond of badminton since I can remember and have always been keen on the sport. I currently have a part-time job at a hotel where I live in which I prepare food and make deserts and starters. I generally have this job to save money for university and monthly necessities.

I am seriously looking forward to your course and the enjoyment and work of university life. After I complete my foundation degree, with all of the skills, knowledge and work with the Northampton police, I hope to peruse my chosen career path and become a member of the Great British police force.

This personal statement was written by Goode for application in 2008.

Goode's Comments

Its not what I thing I want to know what you all think =)

where?

what university was this policing course that u applied for at please?

igorance

excuse me mr! i have asked u a question please answer it!!! rudeness!!

a

helllooooooooooooooooooo anybody here

me and u x x

ow long did tha take ya 5 minits x x x x i want u! x x x x

Sorry!!

Sorry I have been soo busy with all this school work and so on. I applied to Northampton, Canterbury, Wolverhampton, Huddersfield and Cumbria.

oh did this statement get you

oh did this statement get you in to one of the universities or not??