Adult Nursing Personal Statement Example 11

Nursing is a lifelong learning experience, a vocation and a profession that I really wish to join.

My ambition is to become a fully qualified registered nurse, building on the foundation of previous training and my current position as a haematology health care assistant and a member of staff bank within the Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS trust.

It is essential to have a firm and realistic understanding of what being a nurse entails prior to undertaking training and I believe my previous and current experience in various healthcare settings enables me to be confident that I am ready for the commitment and academic challenges and possess the stamina, reliability, trustworthiness and motivation to undertake the requisite curriculum.

I appreciate the academic demands and rigours of the course will be tough but I hope my previous ability to study and enthusiasm will speak for itself.

The compassion, selflessness, patience and intelligence of Nurses with whom I have come into contact with (via my own health needs, that of relatives and those whom I have had the privilege of working with) have inspired me and helped drive my passion and motivation.

From observation and drawing from personal knowledge I believe the qualities and skills required from a nurse include the innate desire to help and care for people.

Excellent communication skills are essential, and the ability to work autonomously but also as part of a team. It is an art to combine scientific knowledge and the skills acquired from education and training with caring for people, and it is a privilege to be there for people at their time of need.

I want to become a nurse because I find my current job very rewarding and satisfying but I believe I have more to offer and am capable of making that transition from my current role into a staff nurse.

I am not put off by shift work, the emotional ups and downs and late finishing times. I feel I have a lot to offer. People comment on my friendly manner and disposition and all my colleagues have encouraged me to apply to university and train.

I am reliable and flexible and have a thirst for knowledge, especially for pharmacology, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I love learning to do new things and developing new skills, recently demonstrated by undertaking training to perform venepuncture and attending all the study days that I could for haematology nurses.

I have an excellent support network to enable me to commit wholly to my training should I be offered a place and am happy that my ten year old son James will be cared for during any clinical placements.

Should I be accepted onto a course my ultimate goal would be to specialise in haematology and oncology nursing. I work with some excellent staff nurses; haematology and oncology sisters and clinical nurse specialists and have a great admiration and respect for their professionalism and dedication.

I have a vision that my career will develop and follow a pathway in this speciality by building on these foundations and hopefully once qualified to apply for a post in this field.

In my free time I love to spend time with my family and take care of myself using the gym. I love to read, and appreciate the finer things in life such as good food and good company.

I currently work weekend nights on staff bank and request busy wards like Medical Assessment if possible to ensure I can do and learn as much as possible.

My rationale behind this choice of university is to conclude, that I am aware that gaining a place will not be easy but I hope I have been able to articulate my reasons for wanting to undertake training and convey how delighted I would be to become a student at this university and what a privilege it would be.

This personal statement was written by hagendazzle for application in 2009.

Wow! that is a brilliant

Wow! that is a brilliant Personal Statement, it has helped me an awful lot. I hope it all works out for you. Thank you. xx

thanks!

Thank you am now reaching the end of year one of my Nursing degree at Bradford

Great!!

Wow, fantastic personal statement. Clearly it impressed as I see you're now studying! Congrats and good luck for the future :-)

Awesome!

This was really great and inspiring! i hope you do well with your future endeavers. This has helped me a lot, so thanks very much. It is a well written statement and I am working on my personal statement as well for VCU. Hopefully it will be just as great!

please tell me who help you

please tell me who help you write this statement, it is so well written

please tell me who help you