Adult Nursing Personal Statement Example 3

Nursing is a very challenging and demanding career, however I feel the rewards would be great and that I am ready to embark on this career.

I am eager to pursue a career in which I am able to help and care for people, becoming a nurse would allow me to fulfil this ambition.

Nursing is a career for dedicated, reliable, trusting people who are able to develop relationships with patients quickly. I have these skills and I genuinely want to make a difference to people, to assist them and their families through difficult times when they are at their most vulnerable.

The role of nursing is changing as nurses are far more involved in the welfare of patients and this is placing more responsibility on nurses. I am confident of embracing this challenge and to take advantage of these changes and opportunities and use them to further my career.

At school I am involved in the Duke of Edinburgh scheme and have completed bronze and silver levels.

Aspects of the Duke of Edinburgh involved working as part of a group, this has helped me become an effective team player which I believe will be useful in the nursing environment as it will be necessary to use this strength to communicate successfully with other health professionals to determine what level of care is best for a patient. I am also involved in the music department as part of two choirs and a guitar group.

I perform learning support once a week with a girl with additional support needs. This involves undertaking activities with her and supporting her to communicate difficulties when she is finding things challenging.

This is very rewarding as I can see what a difference it makes for her to have someone who is willing to listen, and has made me realise how important this skill is when caring for people. Another activity I find rewarding is performing in-class support with a second year science class.

I am a young leader at Aberlady Rainbows and Guides and this is very valuable to me as I interact with the girls and participate in activities with them. It has greatly increased my confidence as I often have to talk to the girls in a group setting and this has developed my interpersonal skills.

I am also involved in the peer education scheme '4' which involves going to different Guiding units and raising awareness of issues through activities and games. This has been incredibly beneficial for my confidence and my planning and organisational skills.

These skills have been developed as I have to co-ordinate the sessions as well as talking to a group of people that I am not familiar with. As one of only two in4mers in East Lothian this role is very demanding.

I have been employed as a waitress for three years in the local hotel. This has been excellent for my interpersonal skills as it involves talking to people I am not familiar with. A skill that will be transferable to nursing. I have also undertaken work experience, through school, at Harlawhill Day Care Centre.

This gave me a useful insight into the caring profession and has increased my motivation to work within it. I organised my own work experience at the Edington Cottage Hospital and this gave me an idea of what working in a hospital setting will be like.

Both experiences served to fuel my desire to gain entry to the nursing profession. I also plan to work as a nursing auxiliary through the nurse bank next summer.

In the future I may wish to pursue a career in Paediatric nursing and I feel that an adult nursing degree will be the first step in giving me this opportunity.

I am deeply passionate about nursing and I am already looking forward to a long and fulfilling career in this field. I am the first person in my family to pursue further education.

This personal statement was written by laura257 for application in 2008.

Statement rating:****

Wow!

I really want to become a nurse but i've been ill for three years with a stress related illness which has stopped me getting much experience.
I'm worried now i won't excepted but thank you for letting me see your example it was a great help!

Thankyou

I have read your statement and have noted a few lines of yours, hope you dont mind im not too good and writing.

thanks

I'm doing a 'career portfolio' and was really stuck on my personal statement. Thanks for sharing yours, it gave me an idea of where I need to start.

really good. thanks

really good. thanks

this was really useful.

this was really useful. thankyou

Thank you, i found this very

Thank you, i found this very detailed and useful

Very good but I still don't

Very good but I still don't know where to start

Really great personal

Really great personal statement, thank you. x

Really helpful

I wasn't sure on how to start my personal statement and if i even wanted to be a nurse but reading this has made be sure that this is the path i want to go down so thank you!

Brilliant!

Brilliant!
It has gave me a few ideas of what to write, thanks for sharing =) xXx

inspirational

I have found it extremely difficult to find a starting point to my personal statement but after reading yours it has really helped me to begin and it just started to flow when i knew what to write. thanks!

thankyou

thankyou your personal statement has helped me greatly.

this is a similar career path

this is a similar career path to what i want to do, (paramedic) so thanks for the example on helping me with my statement.

thanx

Thanks for this, i read through your statememnt and began to wonder if i had actually wrote it in my sleep lol, you seemed to have lead a very simular life to mine.

Your statement has reminded me of things i did when i was growing up. It's made writing my personal statement a lot easier. thanks

Thanks letting me see an

Thanks letting me see an example of a personal statement, it was a great help :) thanks

king

thank you, your persenal statment helped me alot ...

if only we had more people

if only we had more people like you, reading your statement really helped me thank you, my tutor had stressed me out so much about my personal statement and you made it easier thanks again xxx

Thank You

laura, my namesake, thank you. you have really helped me compose my satement. something ive struggled with for over 12 months!!!!
thank you

thank you for shairng your

thank you for shairng your personal statement as i want to a follow a career in midwifery and this sent my mind racing with ideas as to what to include in mine, so thanx very much x

Was a great help, shame there

Was a great help, shame there aren't more! Thanks x

sowi for coping lol

heya i copied ur first paragraph but ima changing a bit a8 fanks alot

thanks!!!!

aw hi thanks alot dot was pure class!!!! i was really worried bout ritin mine but uve helpd me loads hope you dnt mind if i tak bits out bt der too good not to!!!!! tanx again xxxx

Impressive statement !

Thanks for the sneaky peek.You sound like you'll make a great nurse. Best of luck !

thanx billion times

you have really made my day, i had no clue on how to state. thanx again

=D.unki

I was so stuck all my m8s hve alredy riten their statemnts nd i ad no clu hw 2 strt urs hlpd me alot,thnk u. al th best wth ur career.

very good

very good

Wow thank you so much for the

Wow thank you so much for the help! I was totally struggling until I found this you've given me inspiration for my own personal statement. Thanks :)

xxx

As a matter of fact, you

As a matter of fact, you have done an incredible job by putting forward this piece of writing. I could not bring out in writing a good personal statement but after, I read yours, there was a great solution. I am now, able to write a personal statement. Thanks.

don't copy cheats

this is a really amazing personal statement and laura has done a great job.It was very generous of her to put it online but i am disappointed that some unfair cheats are copying it. It is brilliant to use this for inspiration but write your own statment and don't be lazy.

hi guys this personal

hi guys this personal statement website is excellent for advising people about how to go about their personal statement but please please dont copy them as UCAS have the technology to to scan people's personal statements which can be linked to websites and can actually decline an application for plagiarism! just a tip

Blessed!!! you personal

Blessed!!! you personal statement is not just good but an inspiration. exactelly what I was looking for to help me write mine. Thank you for sharing.

Twisted

Thanks so much for sharing this, it's a really good personal statement and I learnt from it! Goodluck for the future!

so good

it a wow many thanks

thank you

Did not know where to start with writing a personal statement - thank you for sharing yours, it has been a great help.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for donating you personal statement!!its a help!!

this is absolutely brilliant,

this is absolutely brilliant, thankyou so much.

thanks hun !

thank you this was a great help. i have really struggled with getting started and now after looking at yours i am on a role cheers xxx

thanks for sharing ur

thanks for sharing ur statement i thought it was really good an gave me some great ideas for my own!!!!!!!!

kirsty

this statement is really good!!

thank u

Very well written and seems

Very well written and seems honest, a great help!

What a fab personal statement

What a fab personal statement. I have been trying to write mine for weeks now and yours gave me the inspiration to finish it off and know i was on the right lines. Thanks

Wow!

This personal statement was really good and helped me structure my dtatement better!
Thank you!

many thanks.I've been able to

many thanks.I've been able to see 'more of me' since reading your points which has greatly helped. x

delmmy

this is a great personal statment! thank you so much for sharing it!

Thank You

Really was having a problem then read your statement and gained the courage to carry on. Thank you again.

nicely written.

nicely written.

wishing you the best of luck! ^_^

abi

this is a very good one am goind to use some of it for my statment well done

Thankyou

What a great help this as been,ur an absolute star hun!! I was so stressed out before i found this. Good luk wid nursing n ope u go on to get da job u want. x

thank you for sharing this

thank you for sharing this wonderful personal statement....it really helped me a lot in my career..thanks Godbless

A really good personal

A really good personal statement! This is the second time I've had to write a personal statement - I study tourism at uni now, and have decided its just not for me - and it doesn't get any easier the second time round!! So well done on this attempt!! i hope you get accepted into your chosen course :) x

Pages