Postgraduate Accounting and Finance Personal Statement Example (Mature Student) 2

As a senior student at the Management School in Jinan University, one of the oldest key national universities in China, I will graduate in 2010 with a diploma. However, I believe that will not be the end of my academic life.

To build up a great career upon my interest, I am now applying for advanced studies in your quality program, hoping that I can pursue a master degree of Accounting and Finance at the University of Adelaide along with a financial aid if possible.

During my undergraduate course, I figure out how and why I can succeed in financial world.

To some extent, I have a talent in mathematics which plays a crucial role in my academic achievement. I got full marks in Advanced Mathematics as the only person around the whole grade.

I have always had a logical, organised and practical way of thinking, as well as a competitive nature, and maths has always appealed to these characteristics.

Besides, I did a lot of readings in my spare time, which are related to the most recently events in Accounting Principles, Taxation Laws, and the World Financial Markets both Chinese and International.

Fortunately, I really enjoy myself in knowing the challenges of today's business and societies. By knowing these, I establish my career goal, to be an excellent CFO.

My education so far is characterized by indisputable excellence. During the first three years of my undergraduate studies, my GPA was consistently one of the highest in my class of 215 students.

In recognition of my outstanding academic record, the university has selected me to enter into graduate studies without the usually mandatory admission exams, a privilege given to only a few of the excellent students each year. I have, however, decided to turn down the offer. Because I believe the experience of studying in the University of Adelaide is more valuable for me.

Here are some reasons for my chosen of the University of Adelaide. First, she is third-oldest university in Australia and is known internationally for the quality of its programs.

Second, The Master of Accounting & Finance offers a combination of accounting and finance studies in order to enhance career prospects and extend knowledge of both disciplines. The courses you provide will strengthen my employability in the areas of financial management while providing a professional accounting qualification.

Furthermore, this program is designed to satisfy the academic requirements for associate membership of CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia (ICAA). That means the course I have will fulfill the requirements of both professional bodies.

As far as I know, the program is also recognised as a CFA Program Partner which is also an essential factor as I concerned. In addition to the reasons of the above, I really fancy to both the fabulous campus and the city of Adelaide.

I am anxious to study here in the University of Adelaide to achieve my career goals. Undoubtedly, I will try my best to complete this program swimmingly and honourablly.

This personal statement was written by mimihuhu1987 for application in 2011.

mimihuhu1987's Comments

Please give me some advice to make it better.Thank you!

One key point, at the end do

One key point, at the end do not mention any university, i assume your applying to about 5 different ones, so if other universities read the p.s they won't be very happy and disregard your statement completely.

Same person from above

Sorry i jus read through it again, dont write about 1 university at all, as i said before you should be applying to about 5. And dont talk about the universities at all. Just talk about the subject and what you have done outside of school/ inside that makes you a good candidate.

The statement is pretty good,

The statement is pretty good, but you should really check your grammar.