Need a little help with your Oxbridge personal statement?
With 15 years’ experience helping students complete their Oxbridge applications, we know that writing a successful personal statement for Oxbridge is a tough challenge. Having reviewed many of the 2000 free personal statements available on Studential, the editing and review service provided by our editors can help you make the most of your Oxbridge university application, and help give you the best chance of securing a place.Order Now
5 day standard delivery
- Fully edited version of your personal statement
- In depth report highlighting strengths and weaknesses of your statement
- Suggestions of ways to improve your statement
5 day standard delivery
- Everything included in our Silver package
- 1 further review and report on your statement, worth £35
- Opportunity to purchase additional review if required
4 day standard delivery
- Everything included in our Gold package
- 1 further revision (2 in total) of your statement worth £70
- One-to-one help and support with your UCAS application
How does it work?
Each one of our services provides a comprehensive review and edited version of your Oxbridge personal statement.
We’ll ask you to upload your personal statement along with other relevant information about your university application, and within 5 days, we’ll return your statement fully edited, along with a report detailing the improvements we’ve made. Our Silver, Gold and Platinum Express package options allow you to select a shorter turnaround time if you need your statement edited sooner rather than later, and help you meet the early 15th October deadline.
What’s included in the editing process?
Each personal statement we receive is carefully reviewed against a number of criteria designed to ensure you present yourself to Oxbridge admissions tutors in the best possible light. From fixing single spelling mistakes to rewording whole sections, we will review, edit and polish each line of your personal statement.
Your editor will apply the same techniques used to edit books, newspaper articles and printed publications. These include:
- Correct any spelling and grammar issues
- Fix the misuse of punctuation and capitalisation
- Reword poorly structured sentences
- Prune unnecessary words and over-long sentences
- Ensure a consistent style and ‘voice’ is used throughout your statement
- Check paragraphs flow together cleanly and the statement works as a whole
Your editor will also focus on issues specific to writing Oxbridge personal statements:
- Show you how to write a memorable introduction
- Ensure all topics for discussion have been adequately covered, including sufficient coverage of why you want to study your chosen subject.
- Check the correct proportion of the statement has been dedicated to each topic
- Articulating your strengths and skills to help sell yourself to the reader
- Remove references to potential weaknesses or topics to avoid
- Help you round off your statement with a solid conclusion
- An overall high standard of writing expected by Oxbridge admissions tutors.
What do we include with your order?
Once we’ve finished editing your personal statement, you’ll be emailed the completed statement along with a report detailing what changes we’ve made to your statement and why.
Your report will contain the following sections to help you fully understand all of our changes:
- A detailed review of your existing personal statement/li>
- A summary of your strengths and weaknesses
- A list of the improvements we’ve made and the reasons for doing so
- Recommendations for other areas which could be improved
What guarantees are included in the price?
All of our services include a complete editing and review package as detailed above. For additional peace of mind we also offer the following guarantees:
- Experienced editors: All our editors are native English speakers holding at least a 2:1 degree classification and based in the UK.
- Confidential service: Your personal statement can only be accessed by our team of editors and is not made available to UCAS, universities or any other organisations.
- Plagiarism free: All changes to your personal statement will be written directly by your editor. We never copy from other personal statements, essays or any other sources.
Where can you find out more?
If you have any questions before ordering, please don’t hesitate to ask. You can email us at email@example.com and we’ll respond to your questions as quickly as possible.
Even if you decide not to order from us, please take a look around the rest of the site. We have plenty of free information on writing a personal statement and over 2000 example statements to use for ideas - scroll back up to the site navigation to see everything we have to offer.
Wishing you the best of luck with your postgraduate application,
Tom, Naomi and the rest of the team at Studential.