Top Rated UCAS Personal Statement Examples

The personal statements below are the best rated from our examples library of over 1400, submitted to Studential since 2003. We hope they provide inspiration for writing your own UCAS personal statement, but please do not copy any part of them, or UCAS will reject your application for plagiarism. If you still feel you need a little extra help with your personal statement, please take a look at our Personal Statement Editing & Critique packages.

Social work personal statement
I am applying for a place to study social work because I have always wanted to be able to make a difference to people's lives. With social work I believe I can do this in a caring and supportive way. I have gained some insight into mental health while caring for my grandma and the difficulties she faced on a daily basis while suffering with Alzheimer's disease this is one area I would like to gain more knowledge on...

Japanese and Politics/Religious Studies personal statement
England and Japan are two immensely contrasting worlds: this distinctiveness is why the undeniable magic of Japanese culture has always attracted me to study its oriental societies and traditions. I have been enthralled by the Japanese language since I was a young teenager; reading 'Japanese for Busy People' at school and trying to note down homework reminders in Kanji, anything to incorporate Japanese into my daily life...

Business & Management personal statement
From a very young age, I have been interested in the way businesses are run: how shops are laid out, how they sell themselves to the customer, asking myself why are video games so differently priced? My enthusiasm for Business Studies and Management grew from a visit in my youth to my father's newspaper office at Canary Wharf...

International Relations Personal Statement
The Middle East has always been a political hot zone, at the center of international disputes which gain worldwide attention. Since the beginning of the twentieth century, the region has acted as a battlefield for other nations, making stability in the area an impossible feat...

Economics Personal Statement
Having been born in the UK, with parents from Delhi and Kenya, I feel my background has given me an internationally diverse outlook. In my travels, I have met with both the affluence of Europe and the poverty existing in India...

Maths Personal Statement
The idea of proof has always held a real fascination for me. The process of starting from a simple set of axioms and deriving almost any mathematical truth (putting Godel to one side) is what truly separates Mathematics from any other subject...

Mathematics/ Actuarial Science personal statement
Mathematics is not just a mere subject but a universal language. Its plethora of Greek symbols interlaced with numbers makes it seem like a clandestine code, which has to be deciphered. This aside, I believe the real magic of Mathematics lies not with its method of execution, but its definite solutions founded on irrefutable proofs, not ignoring the seemingly endless array of applications...

History of Art Personal Statement
History of Art is the door to artistic, cultural, historical and personal enrichment. With motivation and effort it can also lead to truly interesting career opportunities, most notably as far as I am concerned, fine art auctioneer...

Journalism personal statement
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. An interesting quote from Malcolm X, who also claimed, Without education, you're not going anywhere in this world. I wish to combine these two passions and follow my ambition to become a journalist by continuing my studies into Higher Education...

Medicine personal statement
From an early age I have been fascinated by the workings of life. The human body is a remarkable machine with many diverse systems producing an organism that could never be artificially reproduced. My love of science is just one of my reasons for choosing medicine...

Government personal statement
On a vacation to the Krak des Chevaliers and Palmyra in the Syrian Desert, I witnessed the rich culture of the Middle Eastern people. This region is generally perceived by western democracies as a constant source of political and social turmoil...

International relations and politics personal statement
Since childhood, I have been fascinated by the constantly changing world that we live in, wanting to understand and explore the causes and effects of current and future human interactions. During my teenage years I started listening to the BBC World Service and reading internationally recognized journals and magazines...

Pharmacy Personal Statement
I have always had a great interest in Science and Mathematics because of the impacts that both of these have on our daily lives. I have become fascinated by Pharmacy as a career because it brings together Chemistry and Maths and directly effects on the lives of people in the community...

Maths personal statement
Mathematical logic and concepts underlie functionality of practically every process from rocket science to the budget of a household. It is this diversity of application that intrigues me and makes me want to study it in depth...

Computer Science Personal Statement
A career in Computing- this has been my dream ever since I came into meaningful contact with this latest tool that science has put into man's hands. The steady use of computers at my home and my ever-growing awareness of their use in office, business, the media, the entertainment industry and the worldwide communication through satellite and internet, has made me decide to choose a career which would involve the widespread use of computers Consequently, I chose as subjects Maths, Business Studies, and Design& Technology for both my AS and A2 levels...

Social Work personal statement
Having spent the last four years working in the social care field, I have come to realise that my passion lies in helping people who are less advantaged. I am currently taking an access to higher education course to further my ambition to become a social worker...

Computing/Computer Science personal statement
My interest in computers and technology started when I was given a computer as a present, at the age of ten. Because there was nobody to teach me how to use it, I had to teach myself, experimenting with different options...

Biomedical Science Personal Statement
To venture into the realm of science and medicine is to pursue a path of boundless discovery;I am in awe of how much humanity has been shaped by medical advances, paving the way for new cures and better anatomical understanding...

Politics/International Relations/History personal statement
My perception of Politics changed when I read the Communist Manifesto. I began to see the world as not a collection of states but a universal society divided by relative beliefs. Humanitarian initiatives, such as Amnesty International, became a large part of my life, and my passion developed from there...

Economics personal statement
Examination of any quality newspaper will probably demonstrate that more of the headlines address economic problems than any other topic. The importance and relevance of economic related disciplines to the modern world have led me to want to pursue the study of the subject at a higher level...

There are no comments for this page.