Sports Science Personal Statement Example 7

Studying sports science would give me a broad knowledge base covering three aspects in sport, physiology, biomechanics and psychology. During my years of studying I have gained a particular interest in physiology; the study of function and understanding the mechanical, physical, and biomechanic functions of humans in good health. Although the degree does not guarantee me of achieving my goal of becoming a clinical exercise physiologist, it does provide a stepping stone towards achieving this. I decided that Biology and Psychology would complement my understanding of Sports Science nicely. In these additional studies, I have furthered my knowledge of complicated processes such as the mechanism of the heart and brain, and applied it to my Sports Science knowledge, giving me a more comprehensive understanding of the topic.
My interest in sport began at the age of 8 when I found my passion for athletics in my chosen event javelin. I have competed at many levels, ranging from school level to representing my country. I am Cheshire champion and hold the championship record and also the Northern champion. For my county I have achieved silver at the English Schools for the last two years; I am currently ranked 4th in the country in my age group. But my biggest achievement was being selected to represent my country and receiving a silver medal.
I am frequently involved in extracurricular activities including, volleyball, football, rugby, netball and tennis. In my chosen sport athletics, I have tried to pass my enthusiasm and passion onto young potential athletes, by coaching them during the extracurricular programmes. Another subject I have always been interested in is science; my childhood unleashed a desire to know how things work and why things happened. This soon flourished into a more specific interest in science; in particular biology.
I have successfully completed my bronze duke of edingborough award, which was a once in a lifetime experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The main skills I took away from the expedition were cooperating in a team; every member of the group had a vital role in the team, to get to the end of a very challenging and demanding course. During the expedition I found myself take a more central role in the group, where I helped motivate the team and was involved in all the decision- making in the team throughout the expedition
During my time at school I have been involved in opening evenings, sports days and inter-house competitions for the school; in which I have helped stick to a schedule, allowing the events to run smoothly, but also at the same time promoting the school. I have also been part of the school counsel committee as a form representative; in which I had to listen to every one of my form members opinions and ideas on how to improve and make changes to the school. With these ideas and my own ideas I had to put them across during an open discussion, trying to make the school an even better place to study.

This personal statement was written by dbentley2 for application in 2010.

dbentley2's university choices
University of Leeds
Leeds Metropolitan University
Liverpool John Moores University
The Manchester Metropolitan University
Chester A College of The University of Liverpool

*edinburgh

*edinburgh

bad

m8 you r well bad at writing these stuff if i wus you id stop writing lol

RJnlMGzY

A round of applause for your blog article. Really Great.

bant

this is the most banty wanty woozle statement i have ever read.