Teacher Training Personal Statement Example (Primary PGCE) 2

I am one of ten, so you may see why I would like to work with children. I wasn't always sure as to what profession I would like to join but for the past couple of years it has became apparent that I want to work with children. This was mainly influenced by a new addition to my family, my nephew.

For the past year I have helped develop his skills and encouraged him to learn new things. I truly value the sense of achievement gained in teaching new skills to children and I wish to continue to do so, and this is therefore one of the main reasons for wanting to join a teaching course for key stages 1 and 2.

Discovering my love for helping and supporting others I chose to broaden my knowledge of the teaching experience by completing two work experience placements within a primary school environment. For two weeks I shadowed various teaching staff, observing their teaching techniques and the ways in which they support the children.

I found each day a new challenge as new faces, new personalities were emerging which brought various obstacles my way as different methods of teaching were needed. The most enjoyable aspect of this work environment is that no day is ever the same. -New lessons, new people. It was exciting to know I had the opportunity to assist in someone's learning, gaining satisfaction from seeing the new skill acquired.

This particular experience, working within a primary school environment, allowed me to acquire a number of skills and also help enhance my weaker ones. I have always acknowledged the fact that I can be a very good listener and a good communicator which is an important quality needed. I found that my communication ability improved as I got to know students which encouraged my confidence to escalate.

I am able to work well independently and can also work very well as part as a team, which became obvious to me during my stay at my placement. I have also demonstrated this throughout the majority of my school experience, for example, when playing team sports, such as Netball, Rounders, Badminton, Athletics, etc.

During my school experience I have embarked on a number of activities which exhibit my more positive qualities that I have thoroughly developed within the past few years. Such activities include helping out at events such as Open Days, Parents' Evenings, Welcome Club, etc. In doing so, I have shown I am a polite, mature, organized and committed young adult.

I am currently a School Prefect and buddy, working closely with the years 7, 8 and 9 students. My role is to represent the school in a positive and professional manner. I believe I do this well as I portray an enthusiastic, responsible and reliable image. In order for me to have been considered to be a Prefect or a buddy I needed to have the essential qualities for that particular role.

Such qualities needed are congruence, resilience and assertiveness. These specific qualities, I believe, have been made evident to my teaching staff as a result of the community work in school I have taken part in. I have accomplished my British Red Cross basic First Aid certificate which I completed at school. I have also achieved my Food Hygiene, Business Dynamics and Junior Sports Leadership Certificates.

I am very much looking forward to expanding my practical and theoretical knowledge by attending university. In pursuing a degree in teaching, I seek to advance my knowledge of educational studies and improve my personal skills. I ask you to give me the opportunity to further my education as I know I have the commitment, the patience and the persistence to succeed.

This personal statement was written by esther for application in 2007.

esther's Comments

constructive criticism please =] and thankyou very much for your comments and thankyou in advance =] =]
I am applying for the following universities: Gloustershire, Manchester Metropollian, Wocester, Winchester and Wolverhampton

Statement rating:****

incredible

i think this statement is amazing :D
i'd definatley use this as mine
whoever did this deserves to get a place at their university of their choice

very good!! im very proud of

very good!! im very proud of you
even though i dont know you!! lmao

yh this is a good personal

yh this is a good personal statement. well done =]

well done

well done

Thought it was great I hope

Thought it was great I hope thawt you achieve your goal you deserve to

slightly too repetitive with

slightly too repetitive with grammar mistakes. i felt you needed to push on and tell us your interests outside of education. Its what they want also, depite the positive critism, overall a decently constructed statement, good luck.

very very good - only thing

very very good - only thing missing is personal info well done!!!

I like the sentence structure

I like the sentence structure, it is very well done, and good use of vocabularies, however, spelling errors, and grammar needs work.

this statement has really

this statement has really helped me in writing mine - thank you

i think that this statement

i think that this statement is amzing! i think you have done a very good job at writting it and im jealous! im trying to write mine just now but i seem to have writters block :( any tips?
xx

This statement is very boring

This statement is very boring and also very long fix it up

Thank you

I am applying for a place on a Graduate Teacher Programme... your statment has helped me with ideas on how to 'sell myself'!

Firstly, I would like to

Firstly, I would like to congratulate this person for the amazing Personal Statement that has written. I think that it sounds very honest and realiable. Although it is a bit too long.
CONGRATULATIONS

great

i think it's very good and interesting :)))

FANX!

dis personal statment help me to find out why i would like to do teaching as well.fanx xx

not brilliant. dont get me

not brilliant. dont get me wrong its good. but its dodgy gramatically. and looooong

Really good

I'd be interested to know if you ogt the placement after sending this in?

NICE

what an outstanding statement

This statement has really

This statement has really helped me with some ideas for mine. Thank you.

Fantastic!!!

This is really good with the right length of information. Well done wish you all the best! :)

this personal statement

this personal statement helped me soooo much - i just did not know where to start and i thought that this one was way better than the example that my tutor gave me. it gave me so many ideas. thank-you so much!

This helped me alot although

This helped me alot although it is quite long and you need to check through your grammar.

wicked!

wicked!

posted by Rummana

i believe that very gud yes yes very gud! me like long words and full stops used very well, gud job! and i want to say thank you fo lettin me read dis it very nice of you to give me guidence thank you bye bye

i think this is a good

i think this is a good statement.
it has helped me with my personal statement, as i didnt have a clue where to even start!!

this a really gud statment,

this a really gud statment, all the best wishes, gud luk you deserve it. well done

You made some good points,

You made some good points, but obvioulsy thought they were so good you needed to repeat them, two or times over.
Otherwise impressive :]

interesting and good but

interesting and good but should have mentioned your out of education skills. in otherwards what interests you apart from teaching.

Superb

This personal statement is very analytical and you have covered crucial points to enable you a place on a teaching course..well done and good luck!

Helped thank you

Helped me to write my personal statement as my shool did very little to show me what i was actually meant to do!! Thank you!! =]

This is the best statement i

This is the best statement i have read and have used this to help me. thanks.

this is good but like some

this is good but like some others said a little repetitive but go you for trying!!

THANKS

This personal statement is really good and maybe i'll use some of the things in it that i applies to me

why is it so hard to write a

why is it so hard to write a personal statement??

very long, repetitive, and

very long, repetitive, and grammer and spelling needs checking. otherwise okay

I wouldn't give you a place

I wouldn't give you a place if it was upto me, sorry but how far up yourself can you be? Do you only go to school? There is nothing about outside of school.

winner

i think this is very good thanks dudealicous

amy hynes

thanks babe

this is an excellent personal

this is an excellent personal statement you realy know what you are talking about, I am applying for the same thing so i hope alongside you i get a place in the uni's i am opting for.
x

People are saying this is too

People are saying this is too long, but its not! you are actually under! its 4000 characters and this is one 3 and half. Its a given me a good insight to how it has been done! Thanks!

very good and helpful

very good and helpful
just 1 question
1 0f 10 wtf?
r ur parents rabbits

wow

this is such a good personal statement and really helped me with mine- thankyou! :)

Did Wolverhampton give you a

Did Wolverhampton give you a place?

wow! what an amazing

wow! what an amazing statement! definitely given me inspiration to re-write mine x

Very good! I'm currently

Very good! I'm currently writing mine (well, trying to write it) so yours helped me A LOT!
Thanks!x