Postgraduate Personal Statement Examples

I realised I could combine my fascination with engineering plant, and the challenge of problem solving with my interest in the sea by moving into the marine industry.
I believe that the Postgraduate HR Management programme will provide me with the necessary knowledge to enhance and develop my capabilities. Also, in order to become a successful HR manager, it is imperative that I gain a more thorough education.
I believe I have the intellectual ability to complete a Masters Degree and I have illustrated my drive, ambition and dedication to do this is many ways. I am capable of working as part of a team as I have developed the initiative and ability to follow instructions and have the capacity of working with others.
My long-term goals are to return to Belize and found my own engineering consulting firm there.
Although Chinese woodblock printing has a tradition of 2000 years, Chinese print artists have been absent from the international art scene for decades. Over the last years a few exhibitions about modern Chinese printmaking took place outside China, but some major exhibitions at such renowned museums like the British Museum would probably lead to a breakthrough in the international art scene...
Currently, I am a final-year student, studying International Economics and Trade at xxx University. I would like to increase my professional potential in Finance related field by pursuing Master studies at your university...
My decision to get a Masters Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, at this point in my career, is precisely based on a question 'Where I would be the in next five years'. Though a five year of professional work experience in the field of Logistics and Operations has given me the vast knowledge and command to cope with modern business challenges as a manager, yet I feel that current fast growing and competitive business world need vital strategic thinking and an adept to change...
At an early age, I realised that I had more questions than answers about life and living things. A growing interest in understanding the origin, growth, structure, and function of living creatures led me to major in biology with no certain career plan in mind...
Since I was a little girl, I view the world differently. Instead of realistic, I would picture things in their aesthetic form. For me leaves are not just greens. If you look properly, they sway delightfully following the rhythm of winds...
Quite simply it is my curious nature which has always underpinned my desire to study medicine; the sheer complexity of both the human body and its healing processes have always fascinated me and, during my time in 6th form and subsequently while studying for my BSc...
As a senior student at the Management School in Jinan University, one of the oldest key national universities in China, I will graduate in 2010 with a diploma. However, I believe that will not be the end of my academic life...
My interest in linguistics was gradually shaped throughout my life by all the different ways in which I have experienced languages: as a learner, translator, and as a teacher. However, it was the times spent living in Russia and later in the UK that made me fully understand that language can be a means of conveying much more than just our thoughts...
I am interested in the Masters of Pharmacy (MPharm) Programme because I am interested in the modules on which it is based. I want to do the MPharm programme so as to extend my knowledge in Medicines. I would like to get a deeper understanding of how to formulate and administer drugs safely...
Pursuing a masters degree is a responsibility I owe to myself as well as a commitment I have to others. I refer to it as a responsibility because I have a proactive outlook on life, which makes me actively seek and go after the things that I want to accomplish in life...
With the international and local business market expansion in Nigeria and the large structural changes ongoing in the various states, an astute businessman would become relevant in this changing times...
I have sat in audiences at the theatre and felt a sense of freedom. At times of stress I played my flute until day turned to night. Painting offers me a window into my imagination and opens a door to escapism...
Although I have always wanted to be a doctor, at the age of 17 I felt too immature and lacked the confidence required to fully commit to a lifelong career.
Performing and teaching euphonium has been my dream since I was young. I had great fortunate to be the first euphonium major in Taiwan. This wonderful opportunity helped me to have a unique musical career as an undergraduate student because I gained professional experience teaching and performing domestically and internationally...
My enthusiasm to study psychology began as a child due to living with an alcoholic. Through observing and being around someone with such a social problem I was gaining first hand experience of what it was like to live with someone with an addiction...
I want to study computer science because it pairs together two wonderful things; mathematics and technology. Although I have enjoyed working with computers since a young age, it wasn’t until I began studying decision mathematics that I decided this is the field I want to study at university...
Archaeology is the material connection between our history and the contemporary present. Analysis of each artifact, site, or feature brings us closer to understanding where we came from, and pushes us towards discovering where we are going...
Although I have only studied psychology for a relatively short period of time, I have enjoyed the subject thoroughly and have been engaged in intriguing topics such as memory and infant attachment. I originally intended to study psychology during my college years but, unfortunately, my university didn't have a psychology department...
Chemistry fascinates me, both purely academically and in its varied and massively important applications. That interactions at the subatomic level can have such wide ranging impacts, both theoretical and practical, is astounding...
My conviction for medicine has aptly followed a certain period of introspection. A recent family visit to South Africa encouraged thoughtful consideration of my reasons for applying to medical school, and also granted the opportunity to explore healthcare practice in my home country.
As I progressed throughout my degree, I discovered that I was leaning towards the programming and control systems aspect of mechanical engineering.
I would like to pursue a Doctoral Degree in Child and Family Development from the University of Georgia. I am currently obtaining a masters degree in Gerontology at Miami University of Ohio and I believe that looking at the older population in a family context gives a detailed insight into individuals’ lives and that of their families...
Businesses are woven into every part of our lives and marketing plays a key role in influencing our decisions. By understanding and developing relationships with consumers, businesses can be less obtrusive and more enriching to our lives; this in turn will grow more sustainable businesses...
There is nothing better than utilising your passion for something, to assist the people and contribute to the life. The image of a researcher, who performed experiments, discovering a problem solution, is engraved inside me since my childhood, arising a desire to be a researcher myself...
Upon completion of my undergraduate degree in Nutrition, Exercise and Health, I have never been more interested in the role of nutrition and how it can be applied from the recreational active people to elite athletes...
As a student of Henley business school at the University of Reading, I started to be the treasurer of Chinese Students and Scholars Association since 2016. During this period, I found my sensitivity to numbers and financial statements.
The study of conflicts, international relations and politics could essentially be seen as understanding the way different actors relate to each other. It therefore holds the potential to polarise but also to include and encourage co-operation, which summarises my ideas, thoughts and hopes as to why I wish to pursue this interest...
Super-hero, fireman, princess, vet? None of these were ever my dream job when I was a child. I wanted to be an airline pilot, then an astronaut, and I still want to work in this field. I am currently a student at IEP Bordeaux, and I am excited to apply to the PSIA Master in International Security in order to go into work in the aeronautical or aerospatial field...
My initial decision to major in psychology was rationalised with the idea that I could use my degree to help people. Everyone struggles at one point in their lives and being able to help someone is a great opportunity...
I think the exhilaration of delivering an impromptu speech is what makes me fall in love with debate. The pressure to convince the whole room filled with adjudicators and the peace I felt when walking to the podium were something I look forward to...
Chemical Engineering appeals to me because of the challenges involved in the application of scientific theory to practical, real world problems such as how to deal with nuclear waste.
Civil engineering has the power to influence the world around us and better the lives of others. I am interested in engineering due to its creativity to find innovative solutions, as well as the practical skills to implement the designs into a reality.
Chemistry is a scientific discipline that captivates me because of its ever-growing and academically challenging nature. Since learning about water filtration at GCSE, to the mechanisms for the synthesis of organic compounds at A-level, I have always been intrigued by the theory and application of chemistry...
I’ve always been fascinated by science and more recently I have developed a passion for organic chemistry when I purchased a Molymod set and began exploring the molecular structures of compound and understanding how functional groups influence their chemical and physical properties...
Southampton University hosts the national biofilms innovation centre and fellows linked to this lectured me on their most recent findings within my biofilms and microbial communities module. I was captivated by the module content and enjoyed building upon my second-year module, medical microbiology...
Although it’s been a while since I graduated, the passion to acquire knowledge has never ceased. Being a STEM educator, I had the privilege to constantly interact with students and learning community, who gave insights to look onto the latest trends in the field of science, technology and mathematics education...
Ever since the commencement of high school studies, I was keen to know application of mathematics in factuality. Its abstract nature intrigued me to question my teachers about relevance and usefulness to mankind...
Nursing is a profession I have always looked upon with respect. I believe that the role of a nurse can be very challenging and hectic at times, as well as rewarding and fulfilling. In my opinion a person who is willing to become a nurse need to have very good interpersonal skills, be a good listener, empathetic, eager to learn and strive to improve themselves...
My decision to pursue the Master of Science in Supply Chain Management, at this point in my career, has been driven precisely by desire and ambition. My desire to comprehend topics revolving around Supply Chain Management and the ambition to achieve the level of Supply Chain Manager that I have always set my eyes on since back in my undergraduate days
In the recent decade, the function of machine-generated intelligence in supplementing judgments has been more visible. It is reasonable to expect that in a few years, humans' role in decision-making processes will be limited to selecting the best possibilities from a collection of outputs supplied by computers...

Related resources

How To Write A Masters Statement

If you’re applying for a postgraduate course this autumn, you’ll know the hardest part of filling out the form is writing your personal statement.

Find out more

Masters Personal Statement Tips

Our guide will help you put together a polished statement that will give you the best chance of success with your postgraduate application.

Find out more

Should I Do A Masters?

Our guide will help you decide if a postgraduate course is the right choice for you, and which course would be best for you.

Find out more

Types Of Postgraduate Degree

We outline the types of postgraduate courses available to graduate students in the UK to help you decide which may be best suited to you

Find out more

Research Vs Taught Masters

Discover more about the two main different types of Masters programme: research and taught.

Find out more

Choosing A Postgrad University

When deciding which university to attend for your postgraduate course, there are many factors you may want to consider.

Find out more

PhD Guide

Discover more about what's involved in a PhD and the application process.

Find out more

Postgraduate Entry Requirements

We explain the typical entry requirements for postgraduate courses at universities in the UK.

Find out more

7 Ways To Fail A Graduate Interview

Discover how to avoid failing your graduate interview by reading through these common mistakes.

Find out more

Uni Open Day Tips

We help you make the most out of university open days with our top tips.

Find out more