Adult Nursing Personal Statement Example 16

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually fear you will make one. It is difficult to say what is impossible for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and reality of tomorrow". Hubbard Goddard

Nursing is a very challenging and fulfilling career. Being a nurse is what I have wanted the most in my life.

There is nothing comparable with the happiness and satisfaction that I believe I will obtain from this profession because I have always dreamt of becoming a nurse. It is a duty where dedication and utmost devotion is required.

I have been inspired by relatives who were involved in health care. My aunt in particular was a big influence, she has been a midwife in a General Hospital in Malaysia for about 25 years now. I admire her work ethic and how she balances her career and her family life. Her work ethic has been passed onto me in a very strong way.

About 18 years ago I applied for and was offered, the position of student nurse in Malaysia but unfortunately due to family circumstances I had to withdraw from the offer. Not a day passes without me regretting that decision.

Since then, I have been working for an agency as a supply teaching assistant in various schools. Whilst I have enjoyed this role, the continuous movement from one school to another reduces satisfaction because working relationships with colleagues have to be re-built each time, and I'm not able to see the progress in the students I have been teaching.

I have gained invaluable experience from working with special needs children and this has helped me to appreciate the need for equal opportunities.

I have also worked with Russian students as I speak Russian. Having worked in a variety of schools has enhanced my communication skills and I understand the importance of communicating clearly with colleagues for effective team work.

I have always wanted to pursue a career in nursing but decided to wait until after my children were of school age. When my husband got diagnosed with Spinal TB and admitted into hospital it was a difficult time for me. I am really grateful to the nurses who supported me emotionally during this time and I will be forever thankful for their assistance.

Their dedication and commitment has re-kindled my determination to fulfil my life ambition and is the reason why I am now applying for the course. Nursing is quite challenging and it will really test our patience and perseverance, but at the end it's all worth it.Life is all about how how we deal with it.

What matters most is the good deeds we have spread, most especially to the needy. It is not just a profession but an absolute passion.

Nurses get to help people in any walks of life, touch their souls and most especially, are there for their family and loved ones'.

Nursing is a rough trip but worth every mile. Nurses have the ability to see the best in people even when their at their worst, nurses do not eliminate the word "hope".

I feel I would be an ideal candidate at your reputable college.

This personal statement was written by vganason1 for application in 2011.

vganason1's Comments

Hi guys please read and leave your thoughts pls dont be too harsh ....
i really need to get into nursing pls help me

Hi,

Hi,

I am also applying for nursing for 2011 and I was really impressed with your personal statement, however, I must say, you do lack a bit of relevant work experience. Nonetheless, I hope that you will get an offer from the places youve applied for. All the best.

I was wondering who said that

I was wondering who said that quote?