Law Personal Statement Example 77

I am deeply committed to a profession in the legal system, as I pay much interest to issues that affect today's society. Law has many rules for citizens to follow, law shapes economics, politics and society and acts like a third party to resolve conflict between individuals.

Law affects everyone, always taking into account what is morally wrong and what is deemed to be right regardless of who we are and where we are from. My desire to study law developed from understanding the importance of the legal system, I wanted to know more about it and how it affected us as citizens, and how it operates out of the public eye.

This interest first started when I was participating in moots at my college, for this there was the role of the prosecution and the defence. I was given the role of the defence and I had to argue on behalf of my client in a divorce scenario.

For this I was recommended a family law book by Jonathan Herring from which I researched certain concepts such as distributing assets and contractual licences. This book introduced me to a whole range of aspects in family law which I was unaware of.

My combination of A-level subjects have allowed me to develop the skills of analysing, arguing and evaluating which are critical when studying law. My English course enables me to write coherently and present my views from various angles. My politics course teaches me to evaluate sources, analyse any extract effectively and research information independently.

During sixth form, I completed the edexcel BTEC Level 2 award skills in Improving Learning and Performance.

From doing this, I have learnt about using a range of strategies to help my learning and using feedback to learn and improve, and review how well I am doing. I am also completing a qualification in learning which looks at study skills, such as note taking, time management and discussion skills.

During college I have been participating in a moot which has increased my ability to research and analyse different modules thoroughly.

During 2010 I attended Preston Crown Court for two weeks for work experience. For the duration of this time I was given the chance to work with a secretary who organised the barrister's daily schedule. I was involved in administration, as in filing paperwork, setting up appointments and typing up letters.

I really enjoyed my time there it gave me an insight to what life is like inside the court room. I then again attended Preston Crown Court where I sat in the public gallery to have an insight to how a criminal case proceeds.

It was interesting listening to both defence barristers and I picked up on a few techniques, such as how to put my views across firmly and assertively in a courtroom. As it was my first time in a courtroom I was amazed at how the judge could issue the sentence instantaneously sentencing those to so many years in jail.

I sat in cases concerning pre-trial work and assault and during this time I was able to talk to the prosecution and barristers, from whom I was able to get an insight of their roles. To further develop my knowledge of the working of a law practice, rather than just experience of the courts side of proceeding, I have sent out numerous requests for work experience to local firms.

I am a highly independent, hardworking person who throughout my school life has displayed a very strong work ethic. At high school I achieved the High Achievers Award in GCSE's. I have the confidence and determination to believe that I will exceed the entry requirements for the course and will exceed my predicted grades.

I have a great passion for the subject of law. It is the diverse nature of law which affects society and this attracts me to study the subject at degree level.

After exploring different options, I believe that your course will provide me with the necessary skills and attributes to succeed in law. I look forward to the challenges ahead, and I have realised my full potential for success.

This personal statement was written by sashfaq for application in 2012.

sashfaq's university choices
The University of Manchester
University of Central Lancashire
Lancaster University
Edge Hill College of Higher Education
The Manchester Metropolitan University

sashfaq's Comments

My personal statement took me alot of time to do and hard work, its my statement which identfies clearly the reasons why I want to study law at university. So no plagarism.

Statement rating:*****

Ace

This personal statement, is very good, i love the way, this person justfies there reasons to study law.

gasAnzdt

Enjoyed every bit of your article.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

WGNlXJqh

Say, you got a nice blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great.