Law Personal Statement Example 71

I want to study and research law at university because I thoroughly enjoy the subject and I really want to learn more.

I have studied law at A level for the last 18 months; it has challenged me with its complexity but I have found it stimulating and fascinating. I have a particular interest in criminal law.

I enjoy reading; I am currently reading “Learning Legal Skills” by Marie Fox and Christine Bell. I have also read “The English Legal System” by Gary Slapper and David Kelly. I have a thirst for knowledge and I just want to know more.

As well as studying law, I study, drama and theatre studies, sociology and government and politics. Drama is my way of being creative; it gives me self-confidence and I enjoy the subject. The written work is much harder than I imagined but it stretches and interests me.

I started studying Sociology and Government and Politics at AS level in September 2011 and I feel that these subjects compliment my law studies. I have visited the Old Bailey and The Royal Courts of Justice in London, as well as the Crown Court in Birmingham.

I was able to hear a number of cases and these varied in seriousness and I was able to view how the court operated. In February I will be going to Strasbourg to the European Courts for a week to hear cases there.

I have many skills but not really relevant to the course, other than I do enjoy a good debate either in class among my peers or at home.

This is one of the reasons why I want to become a barrister. I am currently looking for work experience for the summer at a local law firm. I am an articulate person, with an enquiring mind.

I am a hardworking, reliable person who can balance a social life with a part-time job and college work as well. I do enjoy going out with my friends but I know that it is important to work hard and achieve to the best of my ability.

I enjoy horse-riding and photography. My part-time job is as a fine dining waitress at La Becasse in Ludlow.

Through this work I meet interesting people from all walks of life. I have moved house a lot since I was small because both of my parents had died by the time I was five years old.

I am fine with making new friends and meeting people I have never met before. I enjoy staying away from home because when you return home, everyone is so happy to see you.

I can’t wait for University even though it is a big step into the wide world, it is exciting. I want to do a law degree to further my mind, my interest in the law, the way it changes and because it is my favourite subject.

I will need to earn a good living because I will need to support myself and I want to do this in a career that I enjoy.

This personal statement was written by aitalbot1 for application in 2012.

aitalbot1's Comments

I dont think it is quite right but my teachers agree that is is ok to send to ucas.

good

it is good but putting about your parents death makes you seem desperate get a life if you wont go to uni then you wont