Finance and Marketing Personal Statement Example

I have chosen to apply for the course in finance and business because I'm particularly interested in the subject, and I also believe great career choices come with it. There are several reasons why I am so enthusiastic about the subject, one of them being the fact, that it's one of the most important sectors, and its overall good condition is necessary for every society to flourish and prosper. I'm convinced that especially nowadays the world needs highly trained and educated business professionals who can do business effectively and successfuly.

I think one of the most crucial traits, among others, that business people need, is common sense. They also need to be experienced and familiar with their field. My personal qualities, that I assume might help me in my studies, are diligence, enthusiasm, ingenuity, adaptability, creativity and confidence. As a participant of a foreign exchange program in the USA last year (2009-2010), I was able to take a few business classes, such as Stock Market, Financial Planning and Economics.

I enjoyed them tremendously, and have partly based my decision to choose a career in this field on my exceptionally positive experience in the classes. I have also actively started doing research and collect as much information as possible on investing, stock market, economics, etc. I have taken a great pleasure doing it and I watch business channels such as CNBC and read business papers on a daily basis. Reading several books, namely by Warren Buffet and others has provided me with a better understanding of the subject as well.

I have created my own stock portfolio which I can't wait to put into action. I think my foreign exchange experience would be the best demonstration of the qualities that I mentioned above. During the year I have participated in the BPA (Business Professionals of America) contest, and I have placed second in the Marketing, Public Relations and Human Resources, regional round, Dallas-Fort Worth area in my age category, a high school senior. My excellent grades have also enabled me to become a member of Junior Latin Honor Society and I was awarded a medal for academic excellence for English and US Government by Mansfield Timberview High School, Arlington, TX. These are the achievements that I am most particularly proud of.

My hobbies are reading, music, movies, travelling and fashion. I love culture and I am very much interested in it. I also like to ski and swim. The reason why I want to study at a college in the UK is the great number of courses they offer, and a possibility to opt for the one that would fit my needs and interests best. I have been also greatly interested in the British culture since a very young age and would love to experience it first hand. My stay in America has greatly contributed to my experience with the English language. Since I was away from home for ten months, in a completely English speaking school and community, I was compelled to use it exclusively. I also took several English classes here in Slovakia for a couple of years.

My travels across the US and other countries have been a great way of practicing and perfecting my English speaking skills. I am convinced that a course in English would not be a problem for me at all. After completing my studies I would love to get a job in the field, especially as a stock broker, market analyst or a financial adviser. I am also interested in getting an internship and working for a company part-time, which I am sure together with a college education would greatly enrich my skills and expertise I will need when I apply for a real job.

This personal statement was written by Suzie123 for application in 2011.