English Personal Statement Example 7

My greatest strength lies in my ability to communicate effectively through my writing skills. I entered college certain that I wanted to be an English major because of my love of literature. Through my courses it did offer me the opportunity to read many works of literature, they also challenged my analytical skills far more than I ever imagined. I enjoy researching critical theory and devising my own critical perspective on a novel. I have learned to use my love of literature to enhance my practical writing skills and further my own knowledge

Studying A level English Literature and Media has further enabled my analytical thinking of both classic works of literature and diverse media forums. In Media Studies, I had the chance to do a radio broadcast and I also worked on my own charity advert campaign. I have also found that Sociology teaches the functions of society. These experiences instilled in me the desire to study Journalism for further education, due to the modification of the world today and all its complexity

Whilst at school, I was part of many extra curricular activities such as organizing an entire show for Black History month. This required a lot of effort and hard work, but to see the end performances made it a rewarding experience. Furthermore I was part of a peer mentoring group, which enabled younger peers to seek advice from older peers such as myself, and having someone to simply talk to. Being able to help people is a feeling that is truly gratifying to me

One of my most satisfying achievements was that I was selected as the head-girl in my primary school. I was made responsible for the duties in terms of discipline and leadership. It was a tough job for me as I was also working hard in my academic work, and this has proved an asset for me and developed my inter-personal, leadership, communication skills and the ability to manage my time and prioritize effectively

While an academic record can reveal much about a person's character, illustrating traits such as discipline, determination, and responsibility, it does not provide the complete picture. Namely, grades and scores cannot detail lessons learned, challenges met and victories achieved. Throughout my life, I have always sought greater intellectual stimulation, and this search has typically entailed abandonment of the familiar to pursue the unknown. I will continue to adopt this approach and will not rest until I reach my maximum level of accomplishment. Last but not least I am a keen traveller and would like to return to Africa. Being able to see diverse cultures is an enchanting adventure to experience

Overall I am looking forward to continuing my higher education in University, and being able to interact with people from all over will be an exciting experience.

this is preety good

this is preety good

This is quite nicely written,

This is quite nicely written, however there's hardly any mention of why you actually like English, what you read, if you've written anything. Surely those are the most important things to mention if you want to study literature. I'd be very interested to know what offers you actually got for this.

primary school? does it

primary school? does it rewuire such a big chunk of his statement? More mention of why you actually like English and examples of your passion and understanding ould surely make it more effective?