Engineering Personal Statement Example 3

I am keen to study Engineering because I find it fascinating and from an early age I have enjoyed solving mathematical and physical problems:

I feel higher education would enable me to develop these skills further. This subject not only allows me to investigate new technologies but it also gives me the opportunity to develop and focus on one of my genuine interests

My interests have been heightened by the work experience that I undertook at the Metropolitan Police (Operations and Technical Support Unit).

There, I experimented with electrical circuits of products, ranging from small toys to security systems. The time I spent there allowed me to gain a basic knowledge of electronics as well as how the Police operated. In addition to work experience, I have attended engineering courses such as one at Surrey University, which improved my teamwork skills

I have participated in a Young Enterprise Scheme where I learnt about leadership, realistic teamwork and financial constraints in real life business situations.

My role in the production of photo frames for a major fair allowed me to gain a credit in the examination. I have also spent a week on the island of Rum in the Hebrides with a group of students, where I undertook various group activities. Currently, I am involved in the Silver Award of the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme

I enjoy Mathematics and I have attended lectures at the Royal Institution as well as 'Mathematics Masterclasses'. These have helped me in achieving Gold Certificates in 2 of the recent UK Mathematics challenges

Out of school hours, I give voluntary help to the young and the elderly at the community whenever possible.

My hobbies include reading, drawing and playing sport. I read magazines such as Scientific American to keep up to date with new developments in science and technology.

The sports I enjoy the most are squash, badminton and hiking. I also play the piano and have achieved grade 8 standard.

Statement rating:*

vAjYTqvsDD

Looking forward to reading more. Great article post.Much thanks again. Cool.