Engineering Personal Statement Example 8

I am very keen to study engineering for my degree because I have been fascinated by mathematical and physical problems since I was very young, being brought up in a very scientific family as the son of a professor of Sunderland University my interest in science has been cultivated willingly.

My parents have inculcated information to me, and thanks to the support and belief instilled in me I have been awarded good GCSE and AS level grades

Having thoroughly enjoyed physics, mathematics and chemistry at GCSE level; I then chose to advance my understanding and took these subjects at AS level along with AS computing. It has helped me greatly to be able to expand my knowledge in them and apply this information to practical activities.

I have developed expertise in problem solving, accurate measurement, observation, record keeping and cooperation in a group, and so I believe that higher education would enable me to further these attributes and interests to a good effect in the working environment, and I believe that I would be a valued member of any engineering team

In year 10, I completed two weeks of work experience at Trinity College gardens. This helped me to adapt quickly to a variety of situations and will help me in office conditions because I needed to get to know the other employees so that I could conduct myself in the most appropriated manor.

I really enjoyed working outside but the work became quite repetitive and I want to be in an atmosphere where there will be a large variety of absorbing activities to take part in

In my spare time I take part of four football teams, of which two of them are competing in a men's league, the other is the college team and I am also taking part in an under 18's team. I play for my local village cricket team, which I have been participating in for three years.

Playing for these teams has helped me to create a very good level of teamwork. In my last season at colt's football I was awarded the trophy of supporters player of the year, and I am the top scorer for the school second team.

did u get any offers for that

did u get any offers for that

my dad is clever so I must be

my dad is clever so I must be clever too...