Economics and Finance Personal Statement Example 6

My interests for Economics and Law theory arose mainly from my keen desire to explore the role of law and economics in an ever-changing commercial world, these multi-disciplinary subjects will provided me with the opportunity to study a range of areas

Studying Business and Economics has given me a fascinating insight into macroeconomic policy and how it impacts upon business and economic decisions, and now I would like to move on to do a degree in Economics combined with Law

I am keen to study law because I want to become a qualified solicitor dealing with the property market and I have helped organise cultural functions and raised money for various charities. One such charity is the Tesco 'Race for Life' charity. For the last two years I have taken part in an annual sponsored walk in aid of cancer research. I have also helped my temple to raise money to help people in India, when there was an earthquake in Bhuj in 2001

I also do voluntary work on Thursday evenings at my local Templethat includes serving food to those less fortunate

I have had many work experiences one of which was at Woolworths for 2 weeks. At my time working for Woolworths I improve on my communication skills, dealing with customer's queries and improving my relationship with customers and colleagues

I have also worked for a computer firm, ACI computers for my 2 week work experience placement

At my time working for ACI I learnt many computing skills, such as inputting data from invoices and statements and working with the sage software as well as spread sheets

One of my work places, which I enjoyed, working the most, was for Marks and Spencer's in Edgware Boardwalk, where I worked for 9 months

I enjoyed working for Marks and Spencer's because I liked dealing with different types of customers and meeting their needs

I also built good communication skills at my time in Marks and Spencer's with all my colleagues, customers and also I learnt a lot of insight in the retail business and market

I have been a very active pupil during my times at Preston Manor High School and Harrow on the Hill

My communication skills have also been exercised in my school career; I have also been a valuable asset to my house having represented it in a variety of sporting events

I have also achieved a bronze award in Duke of Edinburgh where I learnt how to self discipline myself I am also a member of Youth Wing cricket club, where I play cricket against many other clubs in the area

I enjoy socialising with staff and also meeting new people and I am looking forward to the academic lifestyle and to the social aspect of university

Whatever I am doing I strive to achieve my potential. Whether studying, playing sport or undertaking work experience I fully commit myself to the tasks at hand. I believe that I am a dedicated student who has many interests, both of the academic and non-academic nature

The courses I have selected will enable me to develop my understanding of the commercial world so that I will be prepared for future employments whilst enabling me to fully engage in, and enjoy, learning over the next three to four years.

it's a bit split up towards

it's a bit split up towards the end. bt i presume thts because it is a draft.