Early Childhood Studies Personal Statement Example 1

Throughout the first year of the course I have gained 5 merits and 2 pass grades. I enjoy learning and extending my knowledge of children and child development. I have thoroughly enjoyed my work placements, as in the placements I have been able to extend both my practical and theoretical knowledge.

I feel that my strengths include being a good listener; I have good communication skills which I feel are essential for an Early Years worker. I am a hard working and enthusiastic person who thoroughly enjoys a challenge and the responsibility being placed in them, I am a creative person who enjoys designing and making resources which can be used in planned activities my placements. I enjoy working in a team, as this gives me a sense of satisfaction.

Throughout the duration of the two year course I would have studied units that cover all areas of childcare. So far throughout my first year on this course, I have found all of the units studied interesting and valuable to my professional practice and my knowledge as an early years worker.

However there have been other units that have interested me further these include: Professional Practice, Childcare Practice, Human Growth and Development, Play and Learning, Literacy and Numeracy, Sociology, and Safe Environments. In my second year of the course I am looking forward to studying the Special needs unit as in am interested in this area.

Throughout the course I have been able to work with a variety of age ranges of children, these include 0-1yrs, 1-2 yrs, 2-4 yrs, and 4-8 yrs, working with these different age ranges, has allowed me to work in many different and exciting settings.

At the end of this course I would have completed more than 800 hours of work placements.

These placements also include at special needs schools, hospital placements on both adult and paediatric wards. I have thoroughly enjoyed the work particularly at the different placements (Primary Schools here I worked with children in a reception class (4 - 5 years), Nursery class (3 - 4 years), Private Nursery (1 2 years), Family placement this was where I was able to work within a family setting with a child aged 0 1 years, and Hospital wards I worked both on a Paediatric ward and an Adult ward.) right the way through my first year of the course and I have been encouraged by the numerous complimentary remarks made by tutor.

While studying on the BTEC course I have made many achievements. These include becoming a class representative for a semester; this allowed me to take responsibility in liasing between both the class members and the staff. Other achievements that I have made include gaining my Basic Food Hygiene Certificate and my Paediatric First Aid.

Throughout the duration of the first year of the course I have been able to familiarise myself with the Foundation Stage Curriculum. From learning about the Foundation Stage Curriculum I have been able to plan structured activities which I have been able to carry out in my work placements.

Throughout the course there have been many occasions where I have been asked to design and make my own resources for activities. These resources include a feely bag, puppets, and a storyboard. I thoroughly enjoyed completing these tasks and then using them as activities with the children.

While in my first year of the course I have been involved in community projects which included going into a nursery and designing a display on what children learn from outside play. I really enjoyed participating in this community project as this allowed me to achieve a sense of contentment.

In my leisure time, when I am not studying I enjoy reading, travel, I.T., music, swimming, and socialising.

My immediate future plans are to complete my BTEC National Diploma in Early Years and then hopefully gain the necessary merits to allow entry into university for a degree in BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies, which will allow me to gain employment at the highest level in my chosen field and give me a better choice of which route I decide to take in the field of early childhood care and education.

I also feel that by studying to a degree level I will gain the necessary skills and experience to pursue my chosen career, and to gain further satisfaction from my work.

I look forward to going to university and gaining independence. Throughout the course I have been able to learn new skills about children and their development, and I am passionate about working with children and using my professional practice and my theoretical knowledge in allowing and assisting the children to develop in the early years.

very long...

very long...

Quite simple, few grammar

Quite simple, few grammar mistakes, some repitition but you will probably get on some of your courses because there's nothing really awful about it.
good luck

a bit long and waffley but

a bit long and waffley but you sound good at what you want to do so good luck

what a wonderful personal

what a wonderful personal statement,you will make a great teacher one day.
god bless you
sam baines

very long

i think this is very long for a personal statement and would not grab the emploers attention

Thanks

a very good personal

a very good personal statement.

A bit long winded, and the

A bit long winded, and the word "throughout" is used a lot.

its quite impressive!!

its quite impressive!!

this is not a personal

this is not a personal statement it is about your course

they will not accept you in a

they will not accept you in a university if you tell them about the course

hayley

what a loverly stament i hope you get into univerisity you sound like you really want a diserve it:)

very long..

very long..

I think that this statement

I think that this statement talks alot about their BTEC but doesn't talk about them as an individual which employers and universities look for aswell as people's experience. Also there is limited vocabulary used which is quite boring in honesty.

This is mostly talking about

This is mostly talking about the BTEC course (i am doing the same course atm), too much repitition and did not outline your personal aspirations or much other info about u other than a line about hobbies.

i think this is very good and

i think this is very good and catches the readers eye. this person has a very good plan and knows what they want to do. very good

this statement is too vague

this statement is too vague the only words i tend to see throught this piece is "throughtout" which makes it sound like you are so uneducated and that your vocab is so short

this personal statement is

this personal statement is very long. thought they were meant to be a page long? short but sweet as they don't like waffle?
it's very good though.

shahida mohiuddin

I found this personal statement very informative and wrting styleis interesting

very good! and it's not too

very good! and it's not too long, it's the right length, and i did the same BTEC course and it's encouraged that you talk about the course because it entails all the experience you've done! well done :)

good.... too many paragraphs

good.... too many paragraphs beginning with "throughout". maybe say how your leisure activities are relevant to the course!!

'Immediate future plans

'Immediate future plans'doesnt really make sense to me, doesnt sound right, there either immediate plans as in now, or there future plans as in long term

This is a long winded

This is a long winded personal statement, i am applying for a similar course and i am doing the CACHE Diploma in childcare and education. It has been useful, but you clearly should have talked less about you're course and more about what you hope to gain from uni etc. Could have expanded on you're interests some more.

Very good

this is a really good personal statement

DREAD

last comment from miss mcarthy from beal high school .

Dr.Marek

Very long, get your own personal statement dont copy from someone els because this has been copy from someone!

But Good!!!

I personaly, think this was

I personaly, think this was rather interesting and not unsuitable for the particular course.

Very long but it helped me

Very long but it helped me with ideas for my own statement.

very good

very good personal statement . he will giving me some idee to do my own thanks a lot and good luck for the rest.
wishes you all the best.

though it was alright to be

though it was alright to be honest