Computing Personal Statement Example 3

I have chosen this course because I have a keen interest in computing. In particular, I would like to pursue a career in games programming, web design or multimedia developer.

At the moment I am studying Computing and General Studies at A-Level, and Media Studies and Business Studies at AS Level. This mix of subjects has allowed me to show and develop my Computing skills in a variety of ways. I am currently maintaining two websites, which were created using HTML and Flash. One website is for teens and the other for a local rock band I am part of. In this band I play the electric guitar. Playing the guitar has been a major hobby of mine over the last two years, as well as composing my own songs

My major interest in computers stems from when I was eight years old, when my family bought our first personal computer. Now, I have several P.C's and a greater familiarity in computing and its applications

Through self-teaching and A-Level Computer lessons I have gained invaluable knowledge in various applications such as Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and Access. I also have a degree of knowledge in HTML

Whilst at Biddulph High School, I achieved many sporting accolades in various areas including athletics and cross-country. I have also gained numerous amounts of certificates for high attendance, effort and attainment within the school. During my time at High School I took part in a two-week work placement at A.G Stanley Ltd (FADS). This is the backbone of Focus And Do It All, a major DIY store. Whilst here, I learned many new skills including running a help desk, working as a team and the collating and backup of data

Out of school, I regularly take part in a friendly five a side football match at my local leisure centre. I have represented Stoke North and Stoke-on-Trent in athletics and cross-country. A main sporting interest of mine is Basketball. For two years I was part of a local Basketball team, which competed in a league, made up of teams from Cheshire and Staffordshire. At the weekends I have a part-time job at McDonalds in Congleton. I have had this job for just over a year and have gained many important skills. McDonalds is a very busy environment where you are expected to work under pressure and under the watchful eyes of the managers. It is vital that you are organised and work as part of a team

Computers are becoming an everyday occurrence in modern life, with many businesses realising the full capability of using them within their structure

I am looking forward to carrying on my education and developing new skills at university, which will enable me to pursue my career in Computing.

you are a G xx

you are a G xx