Business & Management Personal Statement Example

There is no limit to what you can learn and how much you can earn from it. Instilled with this belief by my father, I have since the beginning learnt to approach the world differently.

I view that knowledge can be applied practically not only to earn a living, but also to earn wisdom. To me, Business Management is not merely about learning the core elements of Business Studies, it is also about delving deeper into the many dimensions the subject has to offer and apply this in real life.

My allure for the subject of Business and Management has been a direct consequence of observing my father run his Pharmaceutical business. That being my first tryst with the world of Business and Management, my interest was further augmented during the course of High School. Alongside this, I began to visit my father’s office to observe how opposite aspects of a business come together to work as one complimentary, symbiotic whole.

Although I had the chance to observe firsthand the application of what I was learning in School every day in my family run Pharmaceutical Business, it was during my visit to Malaysia for an International Leadership Summit, where I got to apply my business and analytical skills for the first time.

As part of the summit, where I was representing my School and Country, I was expected to present my decision-making skills during conferences. I was presented with the opportunity to interact extensively with the chief businessmen of Malaysia.

This allowed me to analyse the thinking of the leading business minds of another culture. I learnt to think in different contexts. This experience enabled me to develop practical business insights, teamwork and decision-making skills. It was during this visit, I saw the pieces of the puzzle fall together and the allure morphed to passion.

I have noticed furthermore the fact that business management transcends definitive restrictive formulas. One can and needs to invent new formulae at each step. This limitless nature of the subject always caught my attention and therein lies the primary source of its appeal to me.

Post High School (March 2009), with the desire to broaden my knowledge in this field I have joined Indian School of Business and Finance, India, an external London School of Economics degree, where I shall pursue one year of BSc Economics. During this year, I will combine subjects such as Mathematics, Statistics, Business Management and Economics to obtain a holistic view of the subject.

After the course, I wish to pursue further education from your esteemed university. I believe studying Business Management from India and England will allow for me to acquire a unique perspective towards my understanding of the same. Keeping in mind the global, all pervading aspects of business, I am sure witnessing the business scenario of another country firsthand shall be a thoroughly enriching experience for me.

Although understanding the nuances of business management has been my utmost passion, I have also taken part in extra-curricular activities such as acting in plays and dance competitions. I am an excellent orator and have been actively participating in public speaking activities throughout school. I also qualified for the nationals of air pistol shooting. Being an active member of sports activities, I learned to improve teamwork skills and apply them to real life situations. I also held the post of school prefect and was responsible for managing school events, making important decisions. I was also the treasurer of the Economics society. I believe my academic intelligence as well as the skills developed in my extra-curricular activities enables me to become an all-rounded individual.

Education and studying for me is not a duty, but is something which I hope to enjoy so that I can approach my future experiences with a positive attitude in order to achieve maximum success. After obtaining my bachelor’s degree, I aim to gain work experience in the field and thereafter pursue an MBA. My final goal is to join my family business, to build effectively and take forward the legacy that my father conceived.

This personal statement was written by sprakash for application in 2010.

sprakash's university choices
The University of Warwick
University of Bath
City University
King's College London
London School of Economics

Did you get into any other

Did you get into any other Universities?