1) Why do you want to study Medicine at this university?
2) Tell us about any work experience you have in Medicine?
3) Why are you applying for Medicine?
4) How do you cope with stress?
5) What is the role of the General Medical Council (GMC)?
6) What do you know about the career progression of doctors in the UK?
7) What can you tell me about the structure of the Modernising Medical Careers (MMC) training programme?
8) Tell us about the role of the National Institute for Clinical Health and Excellence?
9) Give us an example of a time where you worked as part of a team?
10) What can you contribute to our Medical school?
11) Tell us about a recent Medical issue you find interesting?
12) Ethical scenarios, e.g. organ donation, autonomy. Be able to see both sides of an argument.
13) Describe a time when you had to lead a group of people?
14) What do you think are the most important qualities a doctor should possess?
15) What is your understanding of Problem-Based Learning (PBL)?
16) What do you think are the disadvantages of being a doctor/working in Medicine?
17) What have you learned about your strengths and weaknesses from your work experience/voluntary work?
18) What would you do if you discovered a patient had been given a double dosage?
19) Do you have any questions you would like to ask?
20) Tell us about your extracurricular activities?
21) Describe 3 problems with the NHS.
22) How do doctors sometimes react negatively to stress?